Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Design That Makes Me Happy and Design I'd Like to Improve




This house/villa from Freshome.com is well designed and makes me happy. As I live in a finished attic apartment I have angled walls and window wells. Light coming into a space in this way has a lot of character and unique atmosphere. From the outside the structure is stunning as well. I can imagine playing soccer, or grilling outside underneath the structure's dramatic overhang. It's like being inside, while linked to the outside, and just as well being outside while feeling a sense of interiority and placement.





























Everywhere we went in India, we saw these little Yellow and Green Moto-Taxis. They always made me happy when we saw them zooming in between traffic. They scuttle across the road like roaches with their bulbous shape and their small skinny wheels. I would like to redesign them so they are safer, more accessible, more efficient and sustainable, while still retaining thier distinct personality. I chose to do a water color to capture their personality.


No comments: