Monday, March 22, 2010

India: 3/7/2010






- Explored the YWCA hotel/hostel. Beautiful courtyards and small modern storage structures.
- I am assigned the "medic" role- I carry the medicine should anyone get sick... and they did!
- Visited the capital of New Delhi and the surrounding parliament buildings. The police carry assault rifles!
- Made up of British (Greek) columns with Muslim influences in the arches, domes and overhangs.
- Briefly visited the Gate of India, which commemorates Indian WWII veterans. While there, a group of teenage boys became very interested in Clairissa.
- Lunch at... McDonalds Yummm!! I had a Maharaja Mac- chicken paste patties and maharaja sauce!
- Outside, a beautiful little girl sold necklaces; she was the first of many impoverished children we would see.
- Shopped for some Indian clothes at "Fabindia." I got two nice shirts for a great price.
- Dinner at a nice restaurant amongst crowded sidewalk shops. I was dying to find a frisbee as the courtyard outside our hotel NEEDED to be played in! Fortunately Tina let me off and I found a nearby toy store where I got a brand new lime yellow frisbee.

No comments: