Thursday, January 21, 2010

Makeshift Shelter


















image courtesy of http://www.politics.ie/

The iconic favela neighborhood of Brazil is the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of a makeshift shelter. Though not entirely made of found objects they have a "thrown together" quality both in their build and context. My group made up of Haley Preston, Cassandra Gustafson, Veronica Harvey, and myself hope to create the most spatially insignificant (for one to a few people) "snacking shelter." We have thought about how we can consolidate parts such as walls, tables and storage into one as well as how our shelter will be lit. Though our shelter won't be as large as the favelas I still hope to look to the favelas for design ideas based on space allocation and separation among others.

No comments: