Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Perspectives and Inspirations

My Drawing (top)
Inspired by:
Artist: James Hobbs
My Drawing (top) inspired by:
Greg Betza
http://www.gregbetza.com/


My Drawing inspired by:
Stephen Gardner

My Drawing (top) inspired by:
Adebanji Alade

My Drawing (top) inspired by:
Joao Catarino


When I first started this exercise it was very hard for me to break out of my style. I decided to draw in my style in light pencil and then later with the pen make it more like the inspiration artist. This worked well for the above picture as well as the top picture but not all. Once I became more comfortable with studying the artists I started directly copying their style on site (as best as I could). I liked this experience because it forced me to look through another artists eyes and I think I will continue to develop some of the styles in contrast to mine to create an even better mine!

No comments: