Friday, November 5, 2010

Ram of Grapes




How else might we brand our wine bar but with the Ram of Grapes. Since our wine bar is to be named "The Horn" by the client, finding a creative way to brand a horn with some personality was fun. My first iteration was the red one, but due to some feedback I learned that he may look a little like the devil or like he's been skinned alive. I tried to soften him with some color pencil accents, but ultimately decided to do another rendering (thank God I scanned the black line drawing) in a more purplish tone.

The Ram of Grapes is a mythological creature who prances through crops, blessing farmers with rich harvests when they have done great deeds... Okay I made all that up but perhaps this mythological tone can be brought into some of the other branding types for the space.

No comments: